We are delighted to let you know that we will be welcoming you back from Tuesday 11th August.
Your safety and the safety of our staff and volunteers is our highest priority. We have worked hard during the closure period to ensure that we have followed government guidance and put in place the necessary measures to welcome you back safely.
To enable us to staff the building we have had to reduce our opening hours which will be –
Tuesday – Friday 11.00-3.00 with last admission at 2.30, this will be under constant review so please keep watching the website.
Level access is available at the rear of the building for those who need it.
Unfortunately, we are not able to re-open the tea room and library at the present time. The Art Gallery toilet will also remain closed but there will be a fully accessible toilet available for museum visitors only.
We will be unable to hand out plans of the museum at the present time so why not download a copy here. Museum map
For your safety –
- Our staff have all been trained in our new procedures.
- We have limited the number of visitors allowed in the building to make physical distancing possible.
- We have installed sanitiser stations throughout the building.
- Our counters are now fitted with protective screens.
- New cleaning routines have been implemented.
- Our staff have all been provided with PPE.
What we ask of you –
- That you watch our opening video available on our website and social media which will provide you with more information.
- On arrival, if there is a queue, that you follow the footprints and queue at a 2 metre distance from one another.
- Please arrive in a group of no more than six people.
- On entering the building please wear your face covering unless you are exempt.
- As we are participating in the NHS Test and Trace scheme, the lead member of your party should provide contact details as they enter the building.
- Please observe 2 metre distancing throughout the building and ensure that all members of your party do the same.
- There will be no storage facilities so please do not bring too much with you.
- Please use card payment for admission charges and any shop purchases, contactless wherever possible.
- Sanitisers are provided for your safety, please make use of them.
We realise that this is a lot to take in but we’re sure that all will become perfectly clear when you visit and most of all we hope that you have a fantastic time!
To read a copy of our re-opening risk assessment click here.
In order to staff the museum safely during the current crisis we have reduced our opening hours. They will be –
Tuesday – Friday 11.00 – 3.00 with last admission at 2.30. We advise that you do not queue after 2pm to avoid disappointment.
Our opening times may be subject to change at short notice so please keep watching our website and social media for the latest information.
For library opening times see Library Access
Unfortunately, our library cannot open safely at the current time so will remain closed until further notice. If you have a research enquiry you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information will be updated as soon as we are able to safely reopen the library space.
Please note that dogs (except for support dogs) are not allowed in the museum or the art gallery.